Friday, November 21, 2008

Bloody Angelina

Do you have days where you wonder if you are the only one who feels the way you do?
Richard assured me this morning that I was probably not alone in my feelings and I shouldn't feel bad about them.
It all started with me being very tired and waking around midnight to breastfeed Coen. He had trouble resettling. During my marathon effort of trying to resettling him, Makenna decided she too wanted to wake. Here I was, too-ing and frow-ing between my babies and getting rather frustrated in the act. All the time assuring Richard that I didn't need his assistance. I was thinking, what was the point, only one of us need to be awake. Eventually I settled Makenna and just had to pay attention to calming Coen, as I stood beside his bassinette rocking it gently, I said through my tears to Richard "I bet Angelina Jolie isn't rocking the cradle in the middle of night and tending to a teething toddler" I couldn't stop crying, Richard handed me a handkerchief and held me tight. I was just so tired...
I awoke this morning from a sleep in, to bacon and eggs, a nice hot cup of tea, peaceful and happy children and a man who loves me. That weight of the world had lifted once again. It will come back, of that I am certain, but I know it will be lifted time and time again.

1 comment:

Fleur said...

Oh, ok, I haven't met him, but now I think he's wonderful!
x